PDO is a minimally invasive, FDA approved, nonsurgical alternative to facelift surgery. The procedure will tighten sagging skin, reduce wrinkling, and create new collagen.
Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are biodegradable polyester surgical suture ; we use these threads as a type of “solid filler” as an alternative to Hyaluronic Acid gel fillers.
1) Skin is prepared and cleaned.
2) Location to be treated is anesthetized.
3) A small incision is made with a needle.
4) A cannula with the thread is fed through the incision.
5) The thread is anchored and the skin is lifted into place.
6) Thread is secured, and cut.
The result is the skin looks younger and rejuvenated.
Inserting the PDO threads provide a lift while also stimulating natural collagen production in the skin! The threads will naturally dissolve over the next few weeks/months.
Smooth thread treatments are recommended every 4-6 weeks; lifting thread treatments will last and continue to show effect for up to 12 months.